Communicating With Us

Do you want to speak with someone at your school about a particular enquiry or concern?

As a parent or carer you play a vital role in your child’s learning. Building a positive relationship between home and school plays an important part in the education of your child. Effective communication is the key to the success of this relationship. Bullsbrook College is committed to responding promptly and helpfully to your enquiries, concerns, suggestions and compliments. We also provide information about support services for children with disability, intensive language classes, special programs, and our policies and procedures.

Where do you start?

Before contacting us with an enquiry or concern you may want to:

  • talk with family and friends to clarify your enquiry/concern
  • write down your enquiry/concern
  • make a list of all relevant information specific to your enquiry/concern
  • take a support person with you if you feel nervous about talking about your enquiry/concern.

The next step is to make an appointment with the most appropriate person at Bullsbrook College. Our Reception staff will help you here. Alternatively, you can write to us or send an email to

Enquiries/concerns received in writing are responded to in writing after we have discussed them with you and addressed the matter/s raised.

1. Discuss your enquiry or concern with the class teacher if it is about your child’s:

  • academic progress
  • general behaviour
  • homework
  • assessment
  • attendance
  • social or emotional wellbeing.

In your discussion with the teacher:

  • give all relevant information
  • discuss all possible outcomes for addressing your enquiry/concern
  • settle on an option that can be achieved with input from you, the teacher and your child.

2. Discuss your enquiry or concern with the Principal if:

  • you were not able to achieve a satisfactory arrangement regarding your enquiry/concern with the class teacher
  • your enquiry/concern is about the conduct of a teacher or another member of the school staff
  • your enquiry/concern is about another aspect of school life that is impacting on your child’s education.

The Principal will need time to discuss your enquiry/concern with all relevant parties but you can contact the school for progress updates. Your enquiry/concern will be managed according to established school policies and procedures. Anonymous enquiries/concerns are only acted on if enough information is provided for the Principal to follow-up.

3. You may contact the regional education office or local education office if:

  • your enquiry/concern has not been resolved by the Principal
  • there is a reason for not raising your enquiry/concern with us directly.

We can help you with contact details for the Coordinator of Regional Operations at the Regional Education Office.